This content provides us knowledge on the basic DO’s and DON’T’s to be followed while writing a good resume profile.
- AN EXPLICIT RESUME: Keep your CV short and to the point for optimal results. Because hiring managers rarely have time to review resumes, you should always create a page-long resume that only contains the information needed for the position you're applying for. If you have years of experience and relevant content to show, two pages of your resume will be taken into consideration.
- TAILOR-MADE RESUME: Customizing a resume to the job requirements and talents required is one of the most crucial steps in writing a great resume. Recruiters frequently go through a screening procedure with your resumes where they check for the specific terms and skills necessary for that particular vacancy. Update any previously changed information, such as contact details, etc. The best resume preparation must be customised for the position you're applying for in order for the recruiter to take it into consideration.
- SUMMARY STATEMENT: At the start of your resume, a summary statement highlights your qualifications to potential employers. Never make these statements too long or objective, avoid copying the browser's format, and always include a reference that you may change to your needs.
- ACQUISITIONS: List your accomplishments on your CV if they are pertinent to the position you are pursuing. It is recommended to emphasise your accomplishments that are particularly significant to your position in order to aid recruiters in determining whether you are a suitable fit for the job. However, keep it succinct and leave out any details that are unrelated to your job description.
- CONTACT PARTICULARS: This is a crucial and expected component of your resume. Include all of your current contact information, including your address, phone number, and email address. You can also provide the URL to your professional networking profile on LinkedIn or another site. Do not include your contact information, social network handles, marital status, place of worship, or any other information. Make it simple for employers to contact you for interviews and more discussions.
- APPROPRIATE SOFT SKILLS: It's just as important to highlight key soft skills that highlight your strengths as it is to highlight technical and analytical abilities, such as time management, teamwork, and leadership.
- RESUME LAYOUT: Your CV should be easy to read and time-effective. Make your resume look more approachable and understandable by using resume templates. Alternately, you could select a template that differs from the typical designs. Make sure your writing is clear and succinct. Avoid experimenting with various typefaces, infographics, etc.
- PASSIVE VOICE: Avoid utilising passive voice words on your resume because they lack precision and lengthen the material. To make it clear and simple for your recruiters to comprehend, only use verbs in the active voice.
- UNRELATED HOBBIES OR SKILLS: If your interests or hobbies have nothing to do with the position you're applying for, leave them off the list. Add only details that are specifically related to your job profile to make your resume stand out from the competition.
- INCLUDE NEGATIVE THINGS: Avoid including any negative material on your executive resume, such as facts about your prior employment or failures. Showcase your abilities and capabilities rather than dwelling on your previous transgressions. Never provide the recruiter with negative information, as doing so could result in biases or discrimination.
- INCLUDE PERSONALISED DETAILS: You should avoid including any sensitive information on your resume because doing so will make it more difficult for interviewers to evaluate your skills and is neither expected nor safe.
- OTHER FLAWS: Before submission, a good CV should be carefully checked for grammatical and spelling issues because even small mistakes could put off recruiters. You can double-check the resume for grammatical problems using a variety of online tools.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 0091 8778153494 for further queries